This is a journal from the SV Brown Eyed Girl, which left Maine in the Fall of 2009 to sail around the world.

Map


View SVBEG in a larger map

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cape Town but Problems

Sunday, December 12th

Travis here.  Heard confusing story from my mom by email today.  Details a little confusing.  But article below describes some chaos for SV Brown Eyed Girl and another sailboat trying to enter Cape Town yesterday.  I think SV BEG might also have ultimately needed a tow in as well.  My mom reports damage to rigging and sails and fair amount of water in cabin.  My dad hurt wrist and reports through my mom that they had gusts at 95 knots.  He is now sleeping it off.  Further details when I get them -- hope to speak to them tomorrow.

link to newspaper; go to Sunday 12/12 edition

No comments:

Post a Comment